We have prioritised delivering low carbon services for our customers, which involves recycling and recovering waste, energy generation and water services. However, we need to go further and decrease the carbon intensity of these essential services that we provide.
Following external and internal consultation, we have developed an ambitious and achievable carbon reduction plan to drive us towards our 2050 Net Zero ambitions.
These are underpinned by the following six key commitments:
- Reduce our operational emissions
- Reduce our process emissions
- Capture our remaining GHG emissions
- Work in partnership to reduce the emissions we do not have control over
- Continue to improve the quality of our emissions reporting
- Continue to develop low and zero carbon solutions for our customers
Please see full details of each individual commitment in the boxes below.
We’ve also separated our commitments for the individual territories below: